Q: Which of the core values influences you the most in your life and why?
I cannot pick just one. The core values at Blinds.com are what makes us, us. Unique in every way. I feel that every one of our core values tie together in one way or another, and lead us all to “Enjoy the ride”
- I strive to Improve continuously, making healthy life choices, reading, doing community work, things that make me feel good about me.
- Experimenting without the fear of failure excites me now, when I used to be overcome with fear of trying new things.
- Helping people achieve what they never thought possible is something I live by, whether it’s training the new hires, helping out with our senior reps, or pushing my daughter at the gym, this value for me, goes hand in hand with improving continuously. When you help others to achieve things they never thought possible, your improving yourself as well.
- Encourage individual expression…. You never know what crazy outfit/costume I might wear, or what color my hair will be when I walk in the office, sometimes I don’t even know, which rolls back to the experimenting without fear….
- Enjoy the ride, how could I not?
Q: What’s an interesting experience you’ve had at Blinds.com that someone might not know?
I have an extreme fear of heights. We recently took a team building trip to Ifly, don’t tell anyone, but when we went up in the tunnel, I was so scared, I actually fainted for a few seconds.
Q: What’s some advice you’d give to someone who is considering being a part of the team?
Sometimes leaving your comfort zone, may it be your current job, maybe you’re a stay at home mom, just entering back into the work field, wherever you’ve been comfortable at, and going somewhere new is frightening. However when you walk through the door, you are greeted by the most genuine people, that love what they do, so this will become your new comfort zone.
Q: What experiences have shaped you the most as you enjoy the Blinds.com ride?
I would have to say working with the new hires. Knowing my leadership team trusted me, and put me in a position to help our newbees achieve their goals. I was quite nervous, what if I fail? But they provided me with the tools I needed to succeed, in turn helping our newest members succeed. That experience was something that molded me, and I will forever be thankful for. It also opened my eyes to a new calling, I now want to make that a full time position, and have the opportunity to help my entire team achieve things they never thought possible.
Q: Describe your relationships with other Blinds.commers. What’s the environment like?
AWESOME! No matter the department, or the floors that separate us, we are all one team. I have made so many new friends here. I love my team.
Q: How would you describe Blinds.com in three sentences or less?
Honestly, Blinds.com was heaven sent. I came here at a time when I was quite unsure of myself, and my next step in life. Blinds.com embraced me, and opened my eyes to a whole new world, where my hard work was appreciated and praised. I could not imagine myself anywhere else.