Posted March 26, 2009
Blinds.com 2009 Trend Report Reveals Significant Changes in Product Choice and Buying Behavior
Blinds.com today released a report revealing a shift towards cordless and energy-efficient blinds, and also towards less expensive channels, The Blinds.com report also includes key design, color, and industry trends of 2009.
Blinds.com, the largest online retailer of window treatments, released the 2009 Window Fashion Trend Report and Forecast. The Report, based on three years of data, serves as a benchmark for the DIY home decorating industry. Initially released only to design professionals and the media, the Trend Report is now accessible to anyone wanting more information about window treatment styles, color, and product trends. It is relevant to consumers and experts alike.
The Report revealed that there were noticeable changes taking place in the online window treatment industry, which are affecting how and what people purchase. Inside, you’ll find:
1. Notable Trends in the DIY Industry – How is the industry doing altogether, and how are specific channels weathering the global recession?
2. Breakdown of Sales – Which products are hot, which are losing popularity?
3. Design Forecast for 2009 – Organic wood, Moroccan accents, and many more made the list.
4. Color Forecast for 2009 – Pantone says Mimosa is the “it” color in 2009, and Blinds.com agrees.
Key findings include:
1. As brick and mortar stores get hit hard by the economic and housing downturn, online retailers pick up market share.
2. Energy-efficient and insulating products are on the rise from 2006 to 2008.
3. Customer Service is the deal breaker in determining whether a consumer feels confident purchasing online. Two-way communication between business and consumer is no longer optional.
4. Safety is a priority. Safety add-ons were purchased at a higher rate in 2008.
The Internet is no longer the place consumers go solely for the lowest prices. The Report concluded that consumers want reliable, expert help, as well as quality after-purchase customer care. It summarizes what features online stores are adding (hint: video and social elements!) in order to match and improve upon the ‘brick and mortar’ experience. “It has always been crucial for us to understand the needs and habits of experienced online shoppers, as well as those of newcomers,” said Blinds.com Chief Marketing Officer Daniel Cotlar. “We design our experience around what our customers are asking for, and that’s the kind of information that’s in this trend report.”
The 2009 Trend Report introduces new data to the Interior Decorating space. It is useful for savvy do-it-yourselfers who want to decorate their homes on a budget, and those who want to know what’s “hot” for the upcoming year.
Blinds.com Founder and CEO Jay Steinfeld said “The Trend Report is a complete snapshot of where the DIY window treatment industry is, and where it is going. It puts relevant information in the hands of the consumer and will help him or her make better decorating decisions.”
Blinds.com is America’s favorite blinds store. They offer huge savings on high-quality, custom window coverings including window blinds, shades, plantation shutters and draperies. Blinds.com is committed to their customers and offers a complete satisfaction guarantee. Go online to Blinds.com to shop now, or call 1-800-505-1905 FREE for assistance from a Design Consultant.
# # #